What we offer
The Schools Finance team offers a full and comprehensive financial advice and support service for schools. Our standard and enhanced service packages offer a wide range of options to enable you to select the service package which best suits your individual needs.
Within the standard service package we will:
- Assist with the preparation of your annual school budget;
- Prepare an establishment budget supporting your overall school budget;
- Prepare a three year budget forecast;
- Prepare termly budget monitoring statements;
- Provide advice and support to schools to ensure compliance with the Schools Financial Value Standard (SFVS);
- Provide financial advice and information;
- Help with the interpretation of financial statements and reports;
- Assist with the closure of accounts;
- Prepare a financial statement for inclusion in the School profile;
- Provide advice on the use of financial monitoring systems supported by Telford & Wrekin Council;
- Advise on the setting up and amendment of cost centres, accounts and budgets on the Financial Management system supported by Telford & Wrekin Council;
- Advise on compliance with Education Funding regulations;
- Provide financial induction and briefing for newly appointed head teachers and administrators;
- Review extended activities plans;
- Provide access to the Schools Finance Team help-line.
Enhanced Service Packages
We offer specific enhanced service packages, which can include one or more of the following; monthly reporting, finance committee attendance, benchmarking, budget recovery planning, support for the SFVS, preparation of financial information, support for extended school activities, training and recruitment advice, additional data and reporting and any other ad-hoc work. To compliment Telford & Wrekin’s general insurance service, we also offer three schemes for schools:
- Supply insurance;
- Maternity insurance;
- Theft and vandalism insurance.
Why choose us?
We offer experienced, dedicated staff, most of whom have offered financial support to schools for many years.
We support all the maintained schools in Telford and Wrekin and several academies and the traded service benefits from the strong links and information exchange within Telford & Wrekin core services, for example developing the school’s formula and ongoing discussions with the Schools Forum.
We are also able to use our ready access to all the other elements of Telford & Wrekin support services to schools (payroll, Agresso, HR etc) to offer a seamless service informed by in-depth knowledge of the school’s circumstances.
We aim to develop and maintain strong relationships with the schools we support so that we can offer bespoke services to suit every individual school.