What we offer
The School Governance service in Telford and Wrekin has an established reputation for providing quality support and guidance to schools and academies and their governing bodies. As part of the School Improvement Service, the School Governance team works closely with Head Teachers and governing bodies to ensure they meet their statutory duties and strengthen their leadership and management roles.
Our services include:
- A governor helpline which offers free advice including constitutional and statutory aspects of school governance. The help line is available Monday-Friday;
- A wide variety of centrally delivered governor training courses and networking opportunities;
- A high quality clerking service which includes the calling of governing body meetings, production of minutes and provision of advice and guidance on the conduct of meetings and other governance matters. This includes managing the process of governor appointments and resignations;
- Support and advice for appointing a new Headteacher;
- Networking opportunities where governors can show best practice and learn from each other.
To ensure the service is as effective as possible we provide:
- Termly training for clerks to develop their skills;
- Termly briefing for clerks to develop their expertise in any particular items for each termly agenda;
- A suggested termly agenda which reflects any national and local initiatives;
- Detailed briefing papers to guide and inform discussion at meetings;
- Quality assurance of processes and procedures;
- A coherent and aligned support package to respond to queries raised at meetings.
To ensure that governance is effective as possible we offer:
- A termly Heads and Chairs briefing session to highlight the aspects of the forthcoming agenda, share good practice and facilitate networking;
- Specialised training for Chairs;
- Induction training for new governors.
- A range of CPD and training opportunities for Governors
Support can also be provided in areas such as:
- Interpretation of government legislation and supporting its implementation through advice and the production of guidance;
- The offer of one to one support to new Head Teachers on governance matters;
- Guidance with aspects of appointing a new Head Teacher.
Why choose us?
Regular quality assured processes indicate very high levels of satisfaction with the quality of clerking service, governor training courses and termly briefing sessions for Head Teachers and Chairs of governing bodies.
Meet The Team
if you wish to meet the team, please click here
Gillian Richards , Shirley Thompson
01952 380808 , 01952 380868