Health & Safety
Telford and Wrekin Council’s Health and Safety team consist of qualified health and safety professionals with extensive experience and knowledge. Our approach is hands on and we can provide services at a level to suit the educational premise. Our pragmatic approach and risk based solutions are in keeping with the principles of sensible and proportionate risk management.
What we offer
We offer two levels of service, the first being a comprehensive Health and Safety service that includes undertaking an annual advisory site visit to provide professional advice and a documented report on the findings from your annual health and safety audit check and heavily discounted health and safety training. The second tier is a Health & Safety Advisory core service, that includes all the below but excludes site visit, report and discounted training.
We can offer assistance with the investigation of serious and notifiable accidents and incidents and if necessary support the school when having to liaise with the Health and Safety Executive and other statutory bodies.
To assist schools, we have a dedicated education SharePoint site. This site provides access to policies, guidance and forms on a wide range of health & safety issues and safety alerts that could arise in educational establishments. This will be updated on a regular basis, and will help schools in developing robust safety management systems, risk assessments and keep up to date with health and safety legislation.
Why choose us
- Access to policies and guidance on health and safety within an educational environment
- Regular updates on legislation change and safety alerts
- Advice and support on completing risk assessments
- The team can provide a depth of knowledge and experience
- We can assist head teachers and governors to comply with their legal responsibilities for health and safety.
- Continued support in COVID safety controls for educational settings to include templates and advice on required Risk Assessments
- Support you to maintain the appropriate levels of health and safety
- Advise on health and safety standards
- Provide a wide range of health and safety training; see Training links above
- Day to day support on all Health and Safety matters
Charges are dependent on the level of support required – quotations can be provided on request.